To fully access the Fanduel Sportsbook website you will need to enable location services and use the GeoComply Plugin. You will be directed to the location detection plugin installation page once you have completed the registration process. Depending on what operating system you are running, you will need to select the relevant install button to download the plugin. Once you have successfully installed the location detection plugin you will be able to continue playing without interruptions.
How do I enable Wi-Fi on my Apple Mac desktop/laptop? Click here for assistance.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon ( or ) in the menu bar.
- If Wi-Fi is off, choose "Turn Wi-Fi on."
- Select a nearby Wi-Fi network from the list.
If you don't see your network listed, make sure it's nearby and that other can connect to it. It could also be a "hidden" network. You can connect to a hidden network by choosing "Join other network" and entering the name of the network you're trying to use.
The strength of each nearby network is shown next to its name. More darkened bars indicate a stronger network connection.
Enter your password
Networks that have a lock icon next to their name require a password. After you select your network, enter the network password when you're prompted. If you don't know the network password, check with the owner of the Wi-Fi network you're trying to join.
I am using Mac OS X and I get an error when the plugin downloads. What is this?
We have found that people with OS X Mac Computers can receive an error as the plugin is shown as being from an unidentified source. This is due to the "Gatekeeper" feature which can stop applications and add ons being installed if they are not obtained through the App Store.
You can run apps that you've downloaded directly from the internet that aren't registered with Apple. You just have to give the OK.
After downloading an app from an unidentified developer, drag it to the Applications folder.
- Select the app and right or control-click.
- Click on Open.
Click on Open again to confirm you want to complete the action.
Opening an app from an unidentified developer with a right or control-click overrides Gatekeeper for that specific app. From now on, you'll always be able to open it without having to go through the process again.
Follow these steps to enable location services in OS X Mountain Lion or later:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Click the Security & Privacy icon in the System Preferences window.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- If the padlock icon in the lower-left is locked (), click it and enter an admin name and password to unlock it ().
- Select Location Services.
- Check the "Enable Location Services" checkbox.
Apps that you have allowed to use Location Services appear in the Privacy pane of Security & Privacy preferences. Checkboxes show whether Location Services is turned on or off for an app.
Location Services indicator
If the Fanduel Sportsbook app is currently using Location Services, an arrow indicator () appears in the menu bar.
Follow these instructions to enable Location Services in Safari 6 or later:
When you visit the Fanduel Sportsbook in Safari, you will be asked if you want to share your location with the site. Ensure to select "Allow"
You can tick to this remember for one day as shown below. Or untick this box to remember indefinitely.
If you have a proxy, Virtual Private Network (VPN), or Remote Desktop Program
(RDP) running on your device, you will not be able to pass the geolocation check,
to place wagers on Fanduel Sportsbook.
For tips on how to disable a Proxy or Virtual Private Network (VPN), click here.
- For Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Uncheck the box for Proxy Server.
- For Chrome: Menu > Settings > and select “disable extension” in the “Proxy” section.
- For Firefox: Select tools > Options > Advanced Network (tab) > Settings. In the Connection Settings window, ensure that the ‘No Proxy’ option is selected. Then click on the OK button to apply the changes
* This task may differ between browser versions. The behavior of these processes may vary. In the case of a downloadable VPN, you will be required to shut down all running processes of such applications.
For Mac, they must open the Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder of their Applications. From the Activity Monitor, you can force individual programs to quit.
For tips on how to disable a Remote Desktop Program (RDP), click here.
The behavior of these programs varies, however you will first need to close all known remote desktop programs on your device.
Open the Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder of their Applications. From the Activity Monitor, you can force individual programs to quit.
If the problem persists, you may be required to remove the programs completely. To remove programs from the computer completely: Locate the program in the Applications folder and drag to the trash.
For further assistance with an Apple Desktop or Laptop Computer (iMac / iMac Pro / MacBook / MacBook Pro) we recommend going to Apple’s support website at the link here: