If you are having issues passing the geolocation check, listed below are some quick tips.
1.) When you log in using a desktop/laptop, you will be prompted to download our Geolocation software. Click the 'Download' link to download and install this software. Please be sure to disable or remove any Disable any Remote Desktop Programs, and/or Virtual Private Network (VPN) software which will restrict or mask your location from being broadcast from your device. Examples of RDPs would be Zoom, TeamViewer, and LogMeIn Pro. Some examples of VPN software would be CyberGhost, SurfShark, and IPVanish. *See 'Geolocation FAQs' article for assistance to disable RDP, or VPN.
*Chromebooks are not compatible.
2.) For mobile devices, make sure your GPS location is enabled on your device.
- iOS device, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Android device, go to Settings > Location Services. Also be sure to change the settings to 'High Accuracy Mode', within your location settings on your device.
Be sure to disable any Remote Desktop Program (RDP) and/or Virtual Private Network (VPN) software which will restrict or mask your location from being broadcast from your device. Examples of such would be FakeGPS by Hola, GPS Joystick, and iLocation. *See 'Geolocation FAQs' article for assistance to disable RDP, or VPN.
4) Fully connect to Wi-Fi, and make sure that it is set up on your device via the connection settings. Our location systems require Wi-Fi, GPS, or GSM signals to locate you.
*Ethernet (wireline connection) will not pass the location check, you must be connected using a Wi-Fi connection.
If using an Android device, you will need to change the settings on the device to 'High Accuracy Mode', within your location settings on your device. It may also help to manually disconnect and reconnect both your device to the Wi-Fi router if you are still having trouble.
The more network signals you have within the range of your device, the more accurately we can locate you.
5) Check to ensure you have the latest software/app installed on your device.
6) If you are located close to the state boundary, it may help to physically travel further in-state to allow the software to accurately locate your position.